The Business Living-Learning Community is for students pursuing majors in the Miller College of Business. Students living in this community can expect an environment that focuses on exploring the different majors and careers associated with the business world.
Location: This community is located in Knotts/Edwards Halls within LaFollette Complex.
- Participate in community events, like meeting with small business owners and find out what it's like to work your way up the corporate ladder, while living among other dedicated students with similar academic interests and ambitions
- Explore skills and abilities in regards to selecting a major/career within the Miller College of Business
- Continue traditions of the Business Living-Learning Community
- trips to meet alumni in the field
- Develop leadership and interpersonal skills through involvement in student organizations and activities
- Develop social networks with faculty, upper-level students, academic coordinators, advisors, staff, and alumni in the business world
- Pre-business (all MCOB majors)
- Business education
Programming: Students living in this community have opportunities to participate in study groups and receive tutoring support from Learning Center tutors. Additionally, a variety of business career-related trips and activities are planned throughout the year to engage students in authentic, out-of-classroom learning experiences related to their studies. In past years, the business community has visited local small businesses, entrepreneurs at work, and the Banker's Life Fieldhouse for a "behind the house" tour.
Partners: To accomplish these goals, the Business Living-Learning Community works closely with the Miller College of Business and partners with other campus departments like the Career Center, the Learning Center, and Student Life.