Credits will be accepted as equivalent if the 100 or 200-level course is the same course content and prerequisite as the Miller College course. Most 300 and 400-level courses will not be accepted from outside institutions.* If you are planning to take a course at another institution and transfer the credit to Ball State, you must follow these steps to obtain course equivalency approval and transfer of credits.
- Complete the Transfer Course Approval Form (PDF) and submit it to the Upper Division Advising Center, Arts and Communications Building, AC 224.
- Receive feedback from the Upper Division Advising Center regarding the status of your request.
- Complete the course with a grade of "C" or better.
- After grades are posted, request an official transcript from the outside institution. The institution must send your transcript to:
Office of Admissions
Lucina Hall, Ball State University
Muncie, IN 47306
* If the student is NOT in the last 30 hours of the business major, and the outside institution is AACSB accredited, there is a possibility of transferring 300- and 400-level credits with approval of the department chair.