Credits will be accepted as equivalent if the 100 or 200-level course is the same course content and prerequisite as the Miller College course.  Most 300 and 400-level courses will not be accepted from outside institutions.*  If you are planning to take a course at another institution and transfer the credit to Ball State, you must follow these steps to obtain course equivalency approval and transfer of credits.

  1. Complete the Transfer Course Approval Form (PDF) and submit it to the Upper Division Advising Center, Arts and Communications Building, AC 224.
  2. Receive feedback from the Upper Division Advising Center regarding the status of your request.
  3. Complete the course with a grade of "C" or better.
  4. After grades are posted, request an official transcript from the outside institution.  The institution must send your transcript to:
    Office of Admissions
    Lucina Hall, Ball State University
    Muncie, IN 47306

* If the student is NOT in the last 30 hours of the business major, and the outside institution is AACSB accredited, there is a possibility of transferring 300- and 400-level credits with approval of the department chair.