Incoming freshmen for 2018-2019: Click here to apply through January 31, 2018.
The Miller Scholarship is an academic scholarship program developed to financially support and academically challenge top students to achieve at the highest levels. Open to incoming freshmen, the program offers a powerful and vibrant experience that's second to none—it honors and supports the highest-caliber students who enroll in the Miller College of Business at Ball State University. The program combines the Miller Business Honors Program with academic funding throughout the four-year college experience.
Launched fall semester 2008, the Miller Business Honors Program was developed through the generous estate gift of alumnus Wally Miller, benefactor and namesake of our college. The students chosen to received the Miller Scholarship exemplify strong academic drive, professionalism, motivation, leadership, and ethical and moral character.
View the official brochure for the Miller Scholarship (PDF).
- Full tuition and fees (renewable for up to eight semesters)
- Laptop computer (ordered by the Miller College of Business)
- Study abroad funding
- Internship stipend to cover travel and lodging expenses
- Domestic group travel experience
- Automatic admission into the Miller Business Honors Program
- Alumni mentor
- Participation in the Career Center's Career-Ready program
- Accounting majors can earn both bachelor's and master's degrees tuition free with financial support during the master’s program provided by a graduate assistantship.
Requirements of Miller Scholarship recipients
- Maintain a minimum 3.4 cumulative GPA
- Complete the Miller Business Honors Program curriculum
- Actively participate in all programming and benefits of Miller Scholars and the Miller Business Honors Program
Overall, we are looking for not only high academic-achieving students, but also motivated students who are interested in a challenging opportunity with personal attention. Students with extensive academic backgrounds and unique experiences outside the classroom are highly desirable. For greater insight into what we look for in applicants, check out the characteristics of current Miller Business Honors students.
To be considered for the Miller Scholarship program, you must be an incoming freshman who is admitted to Ball State University and has indicated a major in business. On the application, simply enter “N/A” for your “BSU ID”. Miller Scholar applications and required letters of reference must be received by January 31. Finalists for the Miller Scholarship award are required to participate in an on-campus interview day, typically held on a Saturday in mid-late February. Apply now.
The Ball State University Honors College requires a separate application process. The Miller College of Business promotes student participation in both the University Honors College and the Miller Business Honors Program. Nearly all Miller Scholars also participate in University Honors College.