Continual growth and development throughout a career is one hallmark of a true professional. During each term of study as a music education major, students will exhibit a commitment to professional growth and development by earning professional development points. Points will be awarded as outlined in the Professional Development Policy.
Professional Development Log
SPRING 2018 PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT EVENTS
(Events will be added as they are determined and confirmed)
- Complete the EduRisk onilne training Protecting Children: Identifying and Reporting Sexual Misconduct. Access this via the EduRisk Training link on your MyBSU page. Print and submit the certificate of completion. This can only count
once, during the term it is completed. Category 5 (20 pts.)
Note: This is now required for students observing/participating in
all field settings. It takes approximately 1 hour and is free.
- Complete one or both of the following Hearing Health items:
- Professional Webinars: You must submit proof of attendance (receipt or signed log) and a reflection statement. (25 points)
- Jan. 10-12: IMEA Professional Development Conference. Hundreds of sessions. Each qualifying session: 25 pts. for members, 20 pts. for non-members. Note: Concert Attendance does not count.
Attention Vocal/General MUSED Majors: Are you looking for a way to use your voice and earn up to 40 PD points? If so, please come to a short meeting on Wednesday, January 31st at noon in MU 200 for more information. For more info, contact Mrs. Amy Hourigan, firstname.lastname@example.org or Ms. Susan Shirel, email@example.com
- Feb. 14-17: ACDA Central and North Central Division Conference, Chicago. Some sessions will qualify (must be pertinent to K-12 music education); confirm with a music education faculty member. Each qualifying session: 25 pts. for members, 20 pts. for non-members. Note: Concert Attendance does not count.
Feb. 14 (Wed): NBA will be hosting Ryan Lovell, presenting on how to be a good Band director off the podium. 7:30-8:30p in MU 401. 25 points for members, 20 points for non-members.
Feb. 17 (Sat): NBA will be hosting Eugene Corporon, Director of Winds at the University of North Texas, presenting a conducting lecture/discussion in conjunction with the Conducting workshop. 25 points for members, 20 points for non-members.
Feb. 26 (Mon): ASTA hosts Dr. Katrin Meidell, Assistant Professor of Viola at Ball State University, presenting A Teacher's Voice: Maintaining Vocal Health in Front of an Ensemble.
7:30 PM in MU 303. 25 points for members, 20 points for non-members.
March 13 (Tue): Service-Learning at a Community Youth Center – Members of C-NAfME will share their experience teaching popular music at the Buley Youth Center in Muncie. 5:30 PM in MU 313. 25 points for members, 20 points for non-members.
March 21 (Wed): ASTA hosts guest speakers: Elliott Wentz (Warren Central High School) and Bethany Robinson (Noblesville), presenting Teaching Jazz as a Non-Jazzer. 7 PM in MU 401. 25 points for members, 20 points for non-members.