Health Science Faculty Scholarship for Academic Excellence (06952)
- Undergraduate departmental major in community health education, health science, or a teaching major in school health education.
- Junior status (63 to 95 semester hours) by the end of Fall Semester, at least 60 credit hours of work at Ball State University and at least 20 semester hours shall have been earned in the Department of Nutrition and Health Science.
- Overall GPA of at least 3.5
Additional Information: The scholarship will be awarded to the eligible student with the highest GPA.
Russell E. Siverly Memorial Research Award
Undergraduate or graduate students pursuing a research project in Community or Environmental Health.
Additional Information: A research proposal summary must be submitted.
Ann B. & David A. Westerlund Scholarship in honor of James F. McKenzie for Non-Traditional Students (06963)
- Undergraduate departmental major or minor
- Non-traditional student age 25 or older
- Demonstrated financial need
- Prior recipients are eligible for consideration in subsequent years
- Must be enrolled at BSU the following academic year
McKenzie - Walkup Internship Scholarship (06958)
- Current major in Health Science Education or teaching major in School Health Education
- GPA of at least 2.75
- Senior who has not yet completed an internship
McKenzie - Walkup Book Scholarship (06958)
- Current major in Health Science
- Overall GPA of at least 2.75
- Junior who has completed HSC 180 and HSC 200
- Has at least 2 semesters of study remaining at Ball State University
Outstanding Department Graduate in Health Science (06958)
- Current major in Health Science Education
- Overall GPA of at least 3.3
- Undergraduate who is graduating between December of the previous year and July of the current year.
Sherri Hittson Memorial Scholarship (30080)
- Must be a full time student from Indiana
- Must be an undergraduate health science or school health education major
- First quarter Junior or higher
- Overall GPA of at least 2.7
- Financial need is not a factor
Additional Information: Selection is made for the following fall semester.
Robert H. and Esther L. Cooper Science Award
- Undergraduate or graduate student in the Department of Nutrition and Health Science who "shall use neither tobacco nor alcohol in any form, nor any illegal drug, and shall be of good moral character."
Additional Information: "The selection for the award is to be made on the quality of person rather than financial need or scholastic ability."
Warren E. Schaller Scholarship (06965)
- Undergraduate or graduate member of the Alpha Chapter of Eta Sigma Gamma
- GPA of at least 2.7
- At least one semester remaining to complete degree (includes summer classes and/or internship)
Zeberl Family Scholarship (06965)
- Undergraduate or graduate students who are pursuing a major in Health Science
- Consideration taken of GPA, participation in professionally related activities, and potential to contribute to the field of Health Science
Additional Information: More than one scholarship may be awarded.
Dr. William Bock Health Education Scholarship (06962)
- Student pursuing a major in health science
- Record of academic excellence
- Preference given to members of Eta Sigma Gamma
Charles R. Carroll Health Education Scholarship
Eligibility (graduate students receive first preference)
- Graduate students enrolled in a Health Science master's degree or undergraduate major in health science or health education
- Graduate or undergraduate overall GPA of at least 3.3
- Have at least one semester of work remaining to complete the degree
- If no graduate students meet the requirements, the scholarship may be awarded to an undergraduate major in health science or health education
Herb Jones Education Scholarship (06956)
- Ball State University sophomore or junior enrolled in baccalaureate degree program in health science
- Must have an overall grade point average of at least 3.0/4.0 and a 3.3 in the major
- Must have received at least a “B” in HSC 200