Do you like collaborating with others to analyze information technology (IT) needs so you can design creative information technology solutions? Business information technology students learn to analyze business processes and advise on IT resources needed by organizations and users.
This minor, which focuses on the practical application of computing to business problem-solving, helps you develop strong computer skills to open career doors to the business world and other settings. Course work covers project management, systems application development, information systems, business communication, and microcomputer applications.
- ISOM 125 Microcomputer Applications for Business (3 credits)
- ISOM 210 Business Information Systems (3 credits)
- ISOM 226 Business Systems Application Development (3 credits)
- ISOM 249 Foundations of Business Communication (3 credits)
Choose one course from:
- ISOM 300 Project Managment (3 credits)
- ISOM 340 Multimedia and Web Publishing for Business (3 credits)
Consult with your advisor before enrolling in any course to ensure its applicability toward your degree program. Not open to students with minors in consumer finance, entrepreneurship, foundations of business, foundations of management, legal studies in business, marketing, professional selling, or risk management and insurance.