This major in the Ed.D. for Adult, Higher, and Community Education emphasizes the development of administrative and teaching skills specifically for community college environments, an area where Ball State is uniquely qualified in developing community college leaders.
You will take 15 credits in the major and will select three elective courses in consultation with the director of the doctoral program and your doctoral committee. Courses are offered all year (fall/spring/summer) and more than half of your courses can be taken online.
Required (15 credits):
- EDCC 698 Community College Leadership Seminar (9 credits)
- EDCC 641 Community College and Diversity (3 credits)
- EDAC 634 Adult Learner (3 credits)
Elective Courses (9 credits)
- EDAC 635 Strategies for Teaching Adults (3 credits)
- EDAC 648 The Community Educator (3 credits)
- EDAC 681 Managing Community Education (3 credits)
- EDHI 609 Preparing for the Professoriate Teaching in Higher Education (3 credits)
- EDHI 611 Teaching and Curriculum Issues in Higher Education (3 credits)
- EDHI 613 Administration and Finance in Higher Education (3 credits)
- EDHI 675 Legal Issues (3 credits)
- EDST 697 The Grant Process and Research (3 credits)