Specialist in Education (EdS) in School Superintendency
Your first step in taking program courses is to determine if you meet the admission requirements of the Ball State Graduate School.
To apply for admission to the specialist degree program:
- Make sure you meet the EdS admission requirements of the Ball State Graduate School
- Apply online.
- Provide one copy of all college/university official transcripts.
- Have your Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores forwarded to the Graduate School.
Also submit the following to the Department of Educational Leadership:
- Autobiography (500–1,000 words)
- Philosophy of education (500–1,000 words)
- Names and addresses of five references (department will contact them directly).
- One copy of all college/university official transcripts.
You are expected to have a GPA of 3.2 or higher on a 4.0 scale on previously completed graduate work. When admission materials have been received, the Department of Educational Leadership reviews and evaluates the submitted materials. Following this evaluation, you may be invited to campus for a personal interview.
- Once you submit all of your application materials and if you are accepted into your program, you will be sent information about how to register for courses.
- You will also be sent information about paying for your courses.
from Other States
If you live in a state other than Indiana, this
information regarding state regulatory authorizations for distance
programs might impact whether you can take courses from Ball State.