To earn a 15-hour graduate certificate in community college leadership, you will need to take the following courses:
Required Courses (9 credit hours)
- EDCC 640 The Community College (3 credit hours)
- EDAC 634 The Adult Learner (3 credit hours)
- EDCC 698 Community College Leadership Seminar (3 credit hours)
Elective Courses (6 credit hours)
Select 2 from the following:
- EDCC 641 Community College and Diversity (3 credit hours)
- EDAC 635 Strategies for Teaching Adults (3 credit hours)
- EDAC 648 The Community Educator (3 credit hours)
- EDAC 681 Managing Community Education (3 credit hours)
- EDHI 609 Preparing for the Professoriate Teaching in Higher Education (3 credit hours)
- EDHI 611 Teaching and Curriculum Issues in Higher Education (3 credit hours)
- EDHI 613 Administration and Finance in Higher Education (3 credit hours)
- EDHI 675 Legal Issues (3 credit hours)
- EDST 697 The Grant Process and Research (3 credit hours)
- EDAC 699 Internship in Adult and Community Education (3 credit hours)
- EDHI 699 Internship in Higher Education (3 credit hours)
- Or, an equivalent course to be determined with your advisor
You will need to earn an overall GPA of 3.0 in the program to earn this certificate. Plus, no course with a grade below 2.0 can be counted toward the certificate.
Your official Ball State transcript will contain a listing of the courses taken in this program and a special designation that the certificate program has been successfully completed. You will also receive a printed certificate acknowledging your completion of the program.
As you are working on your certificate, if you should decide to pursue a full degree program at Ball State, you can apply these courses to a master's or doctoral degree upon receiving approval by your department.