If you are a criminal justice professional, you know the landscape: Increasing levels of crime, social problems born of drug use, explosion of offenders in courts and correctional settings, plus violence in neighborhoods, workplaces, and schools that paralyzes entire communities.
Do you want to develop the leadership skills to navigate this landscape?
Ball State University’s graduate certificate in criminal justice and criminology features a sequence of courses that concentrate on the philosophy of justice, interpersonal skills, and administrative skills.
Whether you work in law enforcement, corrections, or victim advocacy, you’ll need these skills to advance professionally. Likewise, Ball State graduate students who are adding elective courses outside of their home disciplines, particularly sociology students, will find relevant course work in this certificate.
Why Ball State’s Certificate?
- It’s one of the few criminal justice and criminology certificates in the Midwest.
- It’s the only such graduate certificate in the state of Indiana.
- It is an applied program so you can take what you learn to work and apply it the next day.
- Ball State undergraduate and graduate criminal justice and criminology programs, including the master in public administration (MPA) with a criminal justice concentration have a strong reputation.
- The certificate’s four courses will count toward the MPA program when you decide to pursue the master’s.
- Because class enrollments seldom exceed 15 students, you get individual attention from faculty—and time to interact with classmates from across the country.
You also benefit from the national and international reputations of our faculty scholars who publish frequently and participate in criminal justice and criminology academic and professional societies. Ball State professors have worked as practitioners—as well as consultants—with numerous criminal justice agencies. Learn more about our criminal justice and criminology faculty.
Mode of Delivery
The criminal justice and criminology graduate certificate is a blend of online and on-campus classes on our main campus in Muncie, Indiana.
Department of Criminal Justice and Criminology
Take the Next Step
Learn more about admission requirements and how to apply and the courses you will take in the certificate.