Curriculum: Graduate Certificate in TESOL
The five required courses in the TESOL graduate certificate cover fundamental knowledge such as understanding the practical aspects of language teaching, which includes teaching methods, assessment, and curriculum and materials development.
You can complete the certificate in one year by taking two courses in the fall, two courses in the spring, and one in the summer.
- ENG 616 Introduction to Theory of Language Learning (3 credits)
- ENG 617 Methods for Teaching English Language Learners (ELL) (3 credits)
- ENG 618 Materials Development for Teaching English Language Learners (ELL) (3 credits)
- ENG 619 Assessment in TESOL (3 credits)
- ENG 620 English Linguistics for Educators (3 credits)