To complete this certification, you must hold a valid business teaching license (to add marketing as a licensure area), complete the required coursework, and provide verification of required occupational experience. You may apply BED 592, BED 593, and BED 622 toward a master of arts in business education degree.
- BED 622 Improvement of Instruction in Basic Business and Marketing Programs (3 credits)
- BED 592 Managing In-School Laboratory and Cooperative Business/Marketing Programs (3 credits)
- BED 593 Philosophy, Organization, and Administration of CTE (3 credits)
- Content courses in marketing (12 credits)
- Complete and pass the Pearson CTE: Marketing test.
Verification of Experience
- You must have 4,000 clock hours of approved occupational experience in marketing. Verification should be in the form of letters from a former employer or employers that specify the types of work performed, time period covered, and hours of occupational experience (in clock hours).