Connect with Us
Request more information and we will connect you with an advisor who can answer your questions and help you map out a plan of study.
The education of our children
How do we make quality education the nation’s top priority? There’s no question that educational leadership plays a central role.
And there’s no question that Ball State’s history, its alumni network, and its national recognition are ideal for preparing educators like you for the task of school leadership. Our master of arts in education (MAE) in educational administration and supervision provides you with the preparation to earn a K-12 administration and supervision license—and it’s offered completely online.
This 36-hour program can be completed in as little as 18-20 months. What’s more . . .
- Our Teachers College ranks in the top 25 in the nation for number of nationally recognized educator preparation programs offered.
- Nearly 25 percent of principals and superintendents in Indiana earned graduate degrees at Ball State.
- Ball State placed 11th in the nation in the 2016 U.S. News & World Report ranking of best online graduate education programs.
- For the widest array of experiences, your 6-hour “principal internship” is served at an elementary school and a middle school or high school. Your internship can be served at your workplace, as well as a nearby second school location of another level.
- Our national presence in the field of education gives Ball State grads an edge when competing for education leadership positions.
- Our tuition rates are competitive.
- The same faculty who teach on campus program teach our online classes and bring you the benefit of their extensive careers in classroom teaching and administration.
- The MAE is housed in the Department of Educational Leadership of Ball State’s Teachers College.
In addition to earning a master’s, the state of Indiana
mandates that building leaders must have completed a minimum of two years of
teaching experience prior to serving as a principal. Also, the state of
Indiana—like most states—requires that applicants for a principal’s license
pass a leadership assessment administered by the state.
Start your education now!
Check out our admission requirements and curriculum and course sequences for the program. Request more information and we will connect you with an advisor, who can also help you with any transfer credits you might have.