Master of Arts in Education with a Focus in Early Childhood Education (30 credits)
This program helps you build compelling learning environments for children from birth to age 8, including the roles of literacy development, child development, classroom creativity, and family and community partnerships in early childhood programs.
This focus area meets and exceeds national accreditation requirements that early childhood program administrators complete at least 9 credits, or a minimum of 144 clock hours, in the areas of administration, management, and leadership of early childhood education.
Courses You Will Take
- EDRD 615 Early Literacy Development (3 credits)
- EDPS 627 Child Development (3 credits)
- EDEL 630 School, Family, and Community Partnerships (3 credits)
- EDEL 640 Early Childhood Education (3 credits)
- EDEL 641 Early Childhood Program Leadership (3 credits)
- EDEL 644 Education in a Diverse Society (3 credits)
- EDEL 648 Play and Creativity in Early Childhood (3 credits)
- EDEL 649 Infant and Toddler Education (3 credits)
- EDEL 651 Educational Programs for Young Children (3 credits) - Prerequisite EDEL 640
- EDEL 676 Research in Elementary Education (3 credits)