Do You Want to Teach at a Community College?
If you teach or want to teach mathematics at a community college, consider what Ball State’s master of arts (MA) in post-secondary foundational mathematics teaching can do for your career and your classroom:
- You can continue to teach while you pursue the degree because our program is offered 100 percent online.
- You’ll learn to effectively teach general education mathematics courses that are not calculus-based at the community college level.
- You’ll have the reward of helping students find first-year success in a subject that can often be the stumbling block that keeps them from earning their degrees.
- As you guide your students to first-year success, they’ll have a better chance of finishing their degrees, graduating on time, and continuing studies toward a four-year degree.
- You’ll be part of one of the few programs across the country that focuses on teaching math to adult learners.
Other Program Features
- Ball State’s program combines topics in math content, math pedagogy, and the needs of adult learners like yourself, all of which are important components of programs for community college instructors.
- Our online graduate education programs are ranked 11th in the nation, according to U.S. News & World Report.
- You can complete the program in 18 months to two years as a full-time student. But if you are teaching full time in a community college and want to attend part time, you can finish in 2½ to 3 years, by taking about one course each semester.
Mode of Delivery
You can complete this degree 100 percent online. Courses are taught in an asynchronous format where you work on weekly assignments at the times and places most convenient to you.
Your Next Steps
You won’t find many mathematics education programs online and you certainly won’t find one that prepares you to teach at the community college level, so request more information or learn how to apply.
Ann Leitze, mathematics education professor
Department of Mathematical Sciences
Tuition and Financial Aid
Request More Information