First, apply to the Graduate School. You may apply for admission online via the Ball State Graduate School.
Priority deadlines are:
- Fall semester—July 1
- Spring semester—December 1
- Summer semester—April 1
, apply to the interior design program. Send all of the following materials to Master's in Interior Design, Reza Ahmadi,150 Applied Technology Building, Ball State University, Muncie, IN 47306 USA:
- Application—Print and complete an application to the program.
- Letter of Intent—This letter should discuss the topics listed on the application under "Statement of Purpose." Please provide us with nine credit hours of potential electives that support your objectives. Ball State offers a number of online graduate courses although these electives may be taken at any accredited institution (regional accreditation).
- Resume—Provide a complete, up-to-date resume.
- Portfolio—Your portfolio can include works from undergraduate studies and professional projects. Portfolio size may not exceed 8½ x 11 inches. Portfolios may also be submitted digitally as CDs or DVDs. You are not required to submit a portfolio if your undergraduate degree is not in the design field and you are applying for the 80 credit hours option.
- Recommendations—Two letters of recommendation, which can be from employers or professors from your undergraduate degree program.
If you are an international student, you must meet the requirements for international admission. You will need to work through Ball State's Rinker Center for International Programs, which assists all international students in gaining admission to online and on-campus degree programs. Please note that the requirements for online admission are different—for instance, you are not required to have proof of financial support if you are not planning to take courses on the Ball State campus. International students should apply to the Rinker Center before applying to the Graduate School.
Special note for international students:
It is important to understand that this program is designed as an online degree. International students studying from their home country could be eligible for admission. However, U.S. Immigration rules require that international students studying within the United States take at a certain number of on-campus courses. Although some of our interior design courses can be taken face-to-face, the majority of courses are designed for online delivery only. Please do not apply to this program if you plan to study within the United States.
If you have any questions about this process, contact Program Director Reza Ahmadi.
Students from States Other than Indiana
If you live in a state other than Indiana, this
information regarding state regulatory authorizations for distance
programs might impact whether you can take courses from Ball State.