Online and Distance Education Banner

Non-Degree-Seeking Students

If you’d like to earn credit for your course work but are not pursuing a degree, you are classified as a nondegree-seeking student.

  1. Undergraduate Students: If you just want to take classes for personal and professional development and not with the goal of a degree, you may apply for nondegree status. This status is not available if you are currently enrolled in another institution or planning to take graduate level courses. Financial aid is not available to nondegree students. You need to apply for nondegree status admissions through the Office of the Registrar.

  2. Graduate Students: If you want to take courses but do not plan to obtain a degree, you are a nondegree-seeking student. There are two classifications of nondegree-seeking students discussed in more detail on the Graduate School website. If you are this type of graduate student, you can apply now online.
Online and Distance Education
David Letterman Communication and Media Building (LB), Room 131
Ball State University
Muncie, IN 47306

Hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern time, Monday-Friday
Phone: 1-800-872-0369 or 765-285-1581
Fax: 765-285-7161
View E-mail Address