How to Involve Your School

On-Site Courses
If you would like an on-site course at your high school to be considered for the College Transition Program (CTP):

1. Submit a Dual Credit application form.

2. High school teachers who wish to teach the dual credit courses need to provide the following materials to determine whether they can qualify as Ball State adjunct professors:

  • curriculum vitae/resume for review and approval by the specific Ball State academic department applicable to the course
  • copies of college transcripts from all institutions attended
  • a current syllabus for the course to be taught, including the textbook being used, topics covered in each chapter unit, required assignments, laboratory experience (if applicable), and evaluation criteria; additional information might be required after initial review
  • high school teachers teaching English classes also need to provide a philosophy of teaching statement and three letters of reference
  • proof of at least one English graduate course in teaching of composition successfully completed within the last 10 years. Teachers may take a Ball State course concurrently with teaching their first semester if necessary. Or, we will consider classes from other institutions as long as you provide a syllabus and transcript for prior approval.

Each Ball State academic department determines the requirements for instructors teaching their courses and grants or denies approval. Contact us if you have questions.

Online Courses
If you wish for your high school students to take online courses through Ball State, simply contact Program Coordinator Nancy Day. The process simply involves filling out permission forms for individual students. We will walk you through it.

Our online dual credit courses are taught only by Ball State faculty members.

Dual Credit Program
David Letterman Communication and Media Building (LB), Room 131
Ball State University
Muncie, IN 47306

Phone: Toll-free at 1-800-872-0369 or 765-285-1581
Fax: 765-285-7161
View E-mail Address