If you’re an online student who is looking for professional development opportunities and the chance to sharpen your networking and communication skills, Ball State’s Online Student Ambassador Program may be for you!
Apply to the Program
What is an Online Student Ambassador?
As an online student, you may juggle a number of roles—employee, parent, spouse, student, community volunteer. However, if you are looking for a new opportunity to lead and serve Ball State, consider the Online Student Ambassador Program.
This program is meant for you if:
- you are having an enjoyable and rewarding online experience and want to share your success story with students and staff
- you like the idea of empowering classmates to thrive in the classroom and to overcome obstacles along their academic paths
- you are always ready to speak with students, faculty, and staff on issues relevant to the university community
- you represent racial, ethnic, geographic, gender, age, and academic program diversity
Whether you’re an undergraduate student, a graduate student, a student pursuing one of our certificate programs, or a student taking a blend of online and main-campus classes, you may qualify to serve on our team of Online Student Ambassadors.
What are the benefits of being an Online Student Ambassador?
Our Online Student Ambassadors get to:
- build professional relationships with experienced staff who direct Ball State Online operations
- screen new support services, such as our online orientation sessions
- network with faculty, staff, and other members in the Ball State community
- gain valuable leadership experiences
- boost and refine communication skills
- create connections with your classmates
- interact with students locally, regionally, and internationally
What are your duties as an Online Student Ambassador?
As an Online Student Ambassador, you are expected to:
- connect with classmates via social media and our Online Student Commons, an online site where students can engage with classmates and faculty.
- assist with the Ball State Online’s new programs.
- attend interactive webinars, developmental training meetings, and other virtual events.
- mentor online classmates who may need advice or encouragement.
What leadership and development opportunities are available to Online Student Ambassadors?
Each semester you will receive a calendar of events and opportunities held specifically for online students.They typically include:
- livestream broadcasts for personal and professional development
- facilitators of Online Student Commons discussions
- student outreach programs
- leadership workshops
- social media and marketing advising