If you think you would be a great Online Student Ambassador, email us with your name and major. You can also recommend classmates that you think would make great ambassadors.
Contact academic advisors Laura Waldron or Casey Schultz with questions about the application process.
Requirements for Ambassadors
a successful career as an online student
- attendance at all meetings and training sessions, at least once a month or a 1-2 hour commitment
- a minimum of 10 hours per semester of virtual monthly service that may include outreach to prospective or current students, engagement in the Online Student Commons, and participation in webinars
- showing a genuine heart for Ball State students and their classroom success
- demonstration of skills as a student leader
How to Become an Ambassador
The application cycle begins in early April for the following academic year. The application process includes:
- your submission of a completed application
- review of applications by an online and distance education committee
- brief phone interviews by an online and distance education committee
- offers of Online Student Ambassador positions to selected applicants
Application Time Frame
applications due April 21
- phone interviews conducted April 26-28
- offers extended by week of May 1
Ambassador activities may begin during the summer semester with onboarding. However, official meetings and training events will begin with the start of the fall semester.