The Charles W. Brown Planetarium offers various public programs and group tours. The planetarium has comfortable reclining seats for over 150 guests.
planetarium is open to the public during advertised showtimes only. Please see
our planetarium calendar
for upcoming public events. In order to schedule a school or group tour, please
see our group tour checklist
for more information.
Planetarium Location & Parking
The Charles W. Brown Planetarium at Ball State University is on the west end of the Cooper Science Complex, located along Riverside Avenue. The planetarium’s main entrance is on the south side of the building. For more information, visit our directions and parking page.
Please remember the following policies during your visit to the Charles W. Brown Planetarium.
- Food, drinks, gum or candy are not permitted in the planetarium.
- Cellphones and any electronics that emit light must be turned OFF at the start of all programs.
- Please refrain from wearing light-up shoes to any planetarium programs.
- Please, do not touch any of the equipment.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the Ball State University campus.
The Charles W. Brown Planetarium has barrier-free access on the south side of the building. The planetarium also has headsets available for the hearing impaired. Please request a headset when you arrive.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.