Choose our minor in political science, and you will graduate with a solid understanding of how government and political systems work. Depending on your career goals, this minor can benefit majors in business, criminal justice and criminology, geography, history, journalism, modern languages, natural resources and environmental management, sociology, and telecommunications.
What You Will Learn
You will learn about:
- national, state, and local governments
- public administration
- public policy
- international relations and comparative politics
- early and modern Western political thought
A minor in political science consists of 21 credits.
A few of the classes you will take include:
- POLS 130 American National Government
- POLS 313 Modern Western Political Thought
- POLS 350 Public Administration
For a complete list of all classes you will take and their descriptions, please see our Course Catalog.
How to Enroll
If you would like to enroll in a minor in Political Science, please speak with your advisor.