To be formally admitted to the major you must:
- Earn a minimum 2.5 grade point average on a 4.0 point scale in all 100- and 200-level courses required by the major and taken prior to formal admission.
- Electronically submit a social work application to the department at least five days prior to an interview; your application materials must demonstrate writing skills adequate for entry-level social work practice.
- Submit a completed Volunteer Field/Learning Contract and Evaluation Form for an approved Volunteer Field Experience. This minimum 25-hour Volunteer Field Experience is a course requirement for SOCWK 200. For transfer students, the equivalent of SOCWK 200 from another institution and a copy of an evaluation of your volunteer/internship experience or its equivalent must be submitted.
- Demonstrate the absence of a criminal history of any of the following offenses: felony, felony assault/assault, drug related offenses, theft, domestic violence, child abuse, murder or manslaughter, felony DUI (bodily injury), and sexual assault, stalking or rape (students are welcome to seek clarification from the department).
- Complete an interview with the admissions coordinator.
- Sign an Admissions Contract.
- Have a general career/educational goal that is consistent with professional undergraduate social work education.