Muncie, Indiana, residents Ed and Maureen Dobrow created this scholarship in 1996. Ed Dobrow is the owner and president of Dobrow Industries, Inc. in Muncie. With gratitude to the Dobrows, the Department of Social Work provides this resource to social work students.
To be considered for the Dobrow scholarship, students must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be a full-time, undergraduate student majoring in social work.
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Display a professional commitment to the field of social work through community volunteer and/or work experiences.
In addition to the above eligibility requirements preference is given, but not restricted to:
- Non-traditional students.
- Students demonstrating financial need
Awards may be renewed for subsequent years provided the student continues to meet the eligibility requirements.