Step One: Apply for admission to the Ball State University Graduate School.
- Before applying to the Master of Arts degree program in sociology, you must first apply to the Ball State University Graduate School for admission to the university by going to graduate school's Apply Now website.
- Although we do encourage you to use the online application system supplied above to apply, Graduate School application packets can also be obtained at the Graduate School office, downloaded from their Web site, or requested by calling 765-285-1297.
- International students should contact the Center for International Programs on the Web or by calling 765-285-5422.
Step Two: Apply to the Department of Sociology.
- After applying to the Graduate School for admission to Ball State University, you must apply directly to the Department of Sociology. Forms can be filled out online (click here to get to the online form) and may also be obtained by calling the department office at 765-285-5977 or by e-mailing the graduate program director.
- Our program also requires three letters of recommendation for application. While filling out the online application form of our graduate school (see Step 1), applicants will be asked to provide names and contact information of their references, and the graduate school will use such information to contact references for their letters & evaluation forms. We strongly recommend that references submit their letters & evaluation forms electronically through the graduate school online application system.