To meet the undergraduate course requirements, you must have earned a grade of C or better in the course areas below. If you haven't met all of the undergraduate requirements, we may admit you with the understanding that you will complete the missing required courses during the AuD program. In most cases, these undergraduate deficiency courses can be blended into the AuD program without extending the length of the program.
Credits earned to meet these undergraduate requirements do not count towards the credits required for completion of the AuD program.
This list is provided to prospective students to help them determine which courses, if any, may be deficient. An admitted student's transcripts will be evaluated by the AuD Program Director after the student has been admitted into the AuD program.
Required Undergraduate Courses
Communication Disorders These courses or their equivalent from another university are required:
SPAA 101 - Clinical Phonetics.
SPAA 210 - Speech Sound Disorders.
SPAA 260 - Speech Acoustics.
SPAA 270 - Language Development.
SPAA 343 - Introduction to Audiology.
SPAA 344 - Aural Rehabilitation.
SPAA 371 - Child Language Disorders 1.
Science and Related Areas
- Behavioral/social sciences (i.e., psychology, sociology, etc.)--6 credits required.
- Sciences with a lab -- One course each in biology, chemistry, and physics. (Course content should be appropriate for health science students.) Examples are:
BIO 111 - Principles of Biology 1.
CHEM 101 - General, Organic, and Biochemistry for the Health Sciences.
PHYCS 110 - General Physics 1.
- Basic computing (or competence in this area)
- Mathematics, for example:
MATHS 125 - Mathematics and Its Applications.
- Business (one course)
- Statistics, for example:
PSYSC 241 - Statistics.
- Basic first aid and CPR. This can be obtained through a university course (e.g., HSC 250) or one offered by a community organization such as the American Red Cross.
HSC 250 - Emergency Health Care.
Copyright © 2017 Ball State University 2000 W. University Ave. Muncie, IN 47306
800-382-8540 and 765-289-1241