It is our shared responsibility to prepare professionals who recognize, reflect, and embrace the diversity of a global community. Diversity includes the intersectionality of race, ethnicity, culture, language, exceptionality, gender, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, regional/geographic background, and religion.
We are committed to proactively recruiting, supporting, and retaining a diverse community of students, faculty, and staff dedicated to inclusivity, equity and educational opportunities for all.
Our commitment is operationalized through instructional practices and curricula, student admissions policies, faculty and staff recruiting and hiring practices, collegial engagement, and reward systems. This commitment is reflected in all written departmental and college policies and procedures, as well as the practice of ongoing assessment to ensure progress and continual improvement.
1. Foster a climate of inclusivity, equity, and access. (climate/culture)
2. Develop diversity recruiting goals for faculty, staff, and students. (recruitment)
3. Identify and support the needs of diverse faculty, staff, and students. (retention)
4. Expand diversity awareness, knowledge, and competency. (education)
5. Foster and reward diversity-related scholarship, teaching and service. (reward)
6. Support dissemination of diversity-related scholarship. (public relations)