Teachers College is home to diverse educational offerings, many geared toward classroom teaching but many others aimed at very different types of careers. Our programs are divided among five departments, each with its own focus.
• As its name suggests, the Department of Educational Leadership is for those seeking leadership roles, from school superintendency to school administration to charter school leadership. Also choosing this department are candidates who seek to serve the profession through research.
• The Department of Educational Psychology has tracks for both research-oriented students and those with a passion for direct service to students. Its community outreach opportunities provide hands-on experience for students as well as services for those in the community with neurological disorders and educational psychology needs.
• The Department of Educational Studies is for teachers as well as researchers. Undergraduates prepare for teaching careers at all levels. Graduate certificates provide current teachers with specialized training in several areas geared toward their particular interests. Master’s programs support careers in various types of classrooms as well as public service and student affairs administration. The department has two doctoral programs, as well.
• The Department of Elementary Education focuses in particular on the elementary classroom, preparing top-notch teachers for our youngest pupils. It offers degrees at the bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels.
• The Department of Special Education serves those who have a passion for helping students with special needs. It offers various specialization areas at the bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels, as well as the opportunity to explore different areas before deciding on a specific path
Copyright © 2017 Ball State University 2000 W. University Ave. Muncie, IN 47306
800-382-8540 and 765-289-1241