After being officially admitted to the M.A. or Ed.S. program, you proceed through a suggested sequence that leads to graduation. Each step, which is fully detailed in the Ball State University Graduate Catalog, presumes successful completion of all necessary requirements.
Steps involved in the M.A. program include but are not limited to:
- Completion of EDPSY 640, Methodology of Educational and Psychological Research (3), or an equivalent course as part of the graduate research methodology course plan.
- Completion of at least 30 hours of graduate work beyond the bachelor's degree.
- Eligibility for the M.A. degree even though certification requirements are not completed.
Steps involved in the Ed.S. program include but are not limited to:
- Development of a plan of study with the assistance of a three-member EdS committee.
- Completion of at least 30 semester hours of graduate work beyond the M.A. (including internship), 22 of which must be earned after acceptance to the Ed.S. program.
- Completion of written and oral examination requirements.
Degrees are awarded when qualifying students have:
- Applied for graduation (application must be made no later than the end of the first two weeks of the last semester of work).
- Satisfactorily completed all course work and examination procedures leading to the degree.