Elizabeth Spencer, professor emeritus of special education, was chairperson of the Department of Special Education for many years and guided the establishment and early growth of departmental programs.
- One award of approximately $770
- Achieve sophomore, junior, or senior status by fall semester
- Exhibit outstanding academic achievement
- Be a full-time student both fall and spring semesters
- Major in mild or severe disabilities
- Have been admitted to the teaching curriculum
- Express a financial need