Program of Study: Master of Arts in Career and Technical Education : Total Hours Required: 30
Professional Core (9 hrs required, 18 hrs possible)
*Note: Students in the MA in Career and Technical Education should not enroll in TEDU 690 or TEDU 691, instead taking TEDU 568 and TEDU 552.
Research Requirements (3 hrs required, 3 - 9 hrs possible)
Directed Electives (0 to 18 hrs, to achieve 30 total program hrs)
Track Options – Custom tracks can be created for other concentrations with advisor authorization
1. Community College Faculty & Industrial Trainers Track (for community college faculty, industrial trainers, or individuals who aspire to attain such positions).
2. Administrative Track (for current college administrators, public school department chairs, other non-licensed administrators, or individuals who aspire to attain such positions) For individuals interested in attaining the Director of Career and Technical Education license, please review the information available on this licensing site
3. Indiana CTE Teacher Track (for current Indiana teachers who have already earned a bachelor's degree in any area who wish to add a CTE area to a license. NOTE: Licensing requirements are state-specific and are established by state licensing authorities)
4. Curriculum Track (for current directors of curriculum and professional development, curriculum managers, or individuals who aspire to attain such positions)
5. Research Track (for current researchers in education, private business and industry, or individuals who aspsire to attain such positions or pursue future doctoral studies)
6. Customizable Track (for individuals who have specific personal, professional, or career objectives relating to Career & Technical Education, a track can be custom designed for that need). Courses to be selected after consultation with the program director/advisor
Copyright © 2014 Ball State University 2000 W. University Ave. Muncie, IN 47306800-382-8540 and 765-289-1241