Why study telecommunications (TCOM) at Ball State? Here are the top 10 reasons you should:
10. You get a little giddy when you think of turning your passion for film, television, the Internet, news, emerging media, or sales and promotion into a career.
9. Growing up, you spent your free time critiquing Christopher Nolan, idolizing Christiane Amanpour, or analyzing Mark Zuckerberg.
8. You know what the following companies do: Adobe, Google, Microsoft, Sony, and Twitter.
7. You want to go to school where students have received 2 Student Academy Awards, more than 30 regional Emmy Awards, plus countless awards from the Society of Professional Journalists, the Indiana Broadcasters Association, and the Indiana Association of School Broadcasters.
6. You think that interning at a major media organization, for credit, would be a pretty sweet gig.
5. Spending the majority of your academic career in the Ball Communications Building and the David Letterman Communication and Media Building, two of the top communications facilities in the country. This includes two fully-functioning virtual reality sets.
4. You want to work with professors who worked at: CNN, CNN.com, NBC News, CNBC, ESPN, Fox Sports, The Big Ten Network, the Federal Communications Commission, the National Association of Broadcasters, and freelance nationwide.
3. Be in class with a professor recognized worldwide as an authority on film comedy.
2. Take a seat at our virtual reality news desk and be part of the most cutting-edge student news operation in the country.
1. David Letterman and other esteemed alumni are doing pretty well for themselves.
Copyright © 2013 Ball State University 2000 W. University Ave. Muncie, IN 47306
800-382-8540 and 765-289-1241