The Learning Center can assist faculty members in many ways:
- Learning Center tutors or staff members can visit your classes and describe the services available at the center or they can present a classroom workshop on a specific academic topic.
- We offer testing accommodations for students with documented disabilities.
- We provide free tutoring to students.
- We provide free Supplemental Instruction in certian courses.
Faculty members are welcome to visit the Learning Center to meet the staff and observe firsthand how students access tutoring services. We also encourage you to:
- Include the Learning Center syllabus statement:
The Learning Center offers free tutoring for science and humanities courses, for a variety of math and business courses, for foreign languages and any writing task, and for study skills such as time management, test taking, and effective textbook reading. Call 765-285-3780 or visit NQ 350 to make an appointment to meet with a tutor.
- Refer students in need of tutoring. In addition to content-specific assistance, students can also benefit from study skills tutoring and receive help with written assignments.
- Contact the tutoring coordinator with the names of successful students in your courses who may be good tutors.
- Communicate Learning Center information with your students and advisees.
For more information, contact:
Learning Center: NQ 350
The Learning Center
North Quad (NQ), Room 350
Ball State University
Muncie, IN 47306
Academic Year Tutoring:
Monday-Thursday 9 a.m.-8 p.m.
Friday 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
Monday-Tuesday 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Wednesday-Thursday 9 a.m.-8 p.m.
Friday 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
Monday-Thursday 12 p.m.-4 p.m.
Tuesday - Friday 12 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Monday-Wednesday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.