While taking notes: 1. Don't write word for word.
3. Integrate with other knowledge you already have.
4. Underline and star major points.
5. Leave plenty of space for additions.
6. Note speaker's organization of material.
7. Be accurate.
8. Be an aggressive listener.
9. Develop a suitable system of mechanics.
10. Decide what note-taking method is best for you (writing vs. typing).
After taking notes, review and re-word them as soon as possible.
Copyright © 2016 Ball State University 2000 W. University Ave. Muncie, IN 47306
800-382-8540 and 765-289-1241