Registration Process for Online and Distance Education Students
Who can sign up for the Online and Distance section of WPP 392?
To be qualified to take WPP 392 (Writing Proficiency Exam) via Distance, you must be a student seeking a bachelor’s degree in one of the following degree programs offered through Online and Distance Education:
- Bachelor of General Science (BGS)
- Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Business Administration.
- Bachelor's Degree Completion Program in Early Childhood Education.
In addition, you must reside more than 60 miles from the Ball State campus in Muncie. If you do not, you must come to campus to take the Exam in one of the scheduled Exam sections.
What should I do prior to registration?
- Look at the set of articles available for the exams during the exam cycle.
- Print out a copy of the article to work with and bring to your exam.
- Arrange to write your exam in a proctored environment. We do not use Cyber Proctor for WPP 392, so you need to find an appropriate testing environment in which to write the Exam.
- Preferred exam environments are testing centers connected to institutions of higher education or public libraries. It is your responsibility to arrange to take the exam at a testing site.
- Consider your schedule during the exam week. Exams are opened for a limited period on specific days of the week; therefore, you must arrange to write your exam between 10a.m. and 10p.m. (Eastern Time) on the day listed.
- For example, if you were interested in working with the article assigned for Monday of the exam week, you would need to arrange to write your exam in a preferred testing environment between 10a.m. and 10p.m. (Eastern Time) on that Monday. The exam will close at 10p.m. (Eastern Time), so you would need to allow yourself 2 hours of writing time which would allow you to be finished by 10 p.m.
How do I register?
Contact Becky Amato in the Writing Proficiency Program office at 765-285-2385 during the scheduled registration period to receive permission for the off-campus section, WPP392-890 or WPP392-891.
Once permission is placed on your record, you can sign up for WPP392 using the Self Service Banner Registration system at http://my.bsu.edu
You will need to provide the following information when registering:
- Your name.
- Your student identification number.
- Name of the article you have chosen.
- Date and time you plan to take the examination.
- Proctor's name, affiliation, e-mail address, and phone number.
What is the exam procedure?
- The exams are written using the Inqsit testing program and can be accessed at the following address: www.bsu.edu/inqsit
- Your proctor will have been sent instructions on how to set-up and run the exam.
- You will need your Ball State ID number to sign into the exam.
- See exam procedures for further information about the exam setup and process.