Returning Students or Students who have completed all graduation requirements except the WPE.
Students who are re-enrolling at BSU in order to complete a degree, and students who have completed more than 89 credits and have only the WPP requirement to complete in order to graduate have some options:
- A student who is returning to Ball State after a lengthy period in order to complete his or her undergraduate degree and who either never attempted either WPP392 or WPP393 or was unsuccessful in a previous attempt of ENG 392 or WPP392 may be eligible to attempt WPP392--even if he or she has more than 89 credits. In this case, the student should contact the Director of the Writing Proficiency Program as soon as he or she returns to the University.
- Permission for an attempt should be requested and the attempt completed within one year of the student's re-enrollment. A Class Override permission will need to be placed on the student's record before he or she can register for the Exam.
- A student who has completed all graduation requirements except the Writing Proficiency requirement, may be allowed one attempt at WPP392 before they are required to successfully complete WPP393 (Course) in order to satisfy the WPP requirement. Such students should contact the Director of the Writing Proficiency Program as soon as they return to the University.
- Permission for this attempt is not given automatically, however. Permission must be granted by the Director of the Writing Proficiency Program and is at his or her discretion.
- This attempt must take place within one year of the student's re-enrollment, and the student will need to have a Class Override permission placed on his or her record.
If you are unsure about your eligibility to take WPP392 (Writing Proficiency Exam), please come to our office in NQ336, so we can look at your particular case.