Once you're admitted to the university
and confirm your enrollment
, it's time to prepare
for your first semester as a Ball State student. Resources and programs linked on this page will help you settle into college life
and get off to a great start
Transition To-Do List
- JOIN us on Facebook to get information, ask questions, and show your Cardinal pride.
There's also a Facebook page just for your family.
- APPLY for financial aid (FAFSA) as early as possible to be considered for grants, loans, and scholarships. Also check with your school, your local library, and the web for options.
- REQUEST your housing and dining preferences, if you will be living on campus. You can search for a roommate and choose a meal plan through the online housing application.
- REGISTER for an orientation program, where you'll learn more about Ball State, get your student ID, and schedule your classes. Freshmen will also review their Learning and Study Strategies Inventory (LASSI) with an academic advisor.
- SIGN UP for our summer bridge programs to get an early start at Ball State through special academic, leadership, service, and recreational activities.
- READ the required Freshman Common Reader given out at summer orientation.
- PACK UP for your move to campus, or plan to attend Commuting 101.
- ATTEND a variety of fun Welcome Week events before fall classes start.
The Freshman Convocation is mandatory for all first-time students.
- SHOP for your textbooks, supplies, and Ball State gear online or on campus.
- TAKE the Making Achievement Possible (MAP) survey during your first few weeks.