The University Libraries’ professional and paraprofessional personnel are committed to providing Ball State University’s students, faculty, and community members access to a rich array of library programs, collections, and services for information discovery, investigation, comprehension, and exploration.
Our librarians are at the forefront of meeting today’s information and technology needs while preparing for tomorrow’s new opportunities and challenges that call for the University Libraries to transition to a primarily digital environment in order to serve best our students, faculty, and researchers of the twenty-first century at their point of need.
Over the past several years as the University Libraries transition to this new and exciting digital environment, we have set six growth goals to enrich student and faculty success and accomplishments:
- Provide uniformly gracious services in a user-friendly environment.
- Increase access to information resources at the desktop and through mobile devices.
- Further the transition to a predominately-digital environment through the acquisition of electronic resources.
- Expand the University Libraries’ initiatives to transform analog resources to digital collections resulting in a global proliferation of the visibility and ranking of the Libraries’ assets.
- Provide a broad range of computer-based learning resources, applications, and services to enhance student learning and expand technical and practical training opportunities for students, faculty, and staff.
- Increase diversity within the University Libraries’ workforce and expand programming to promote diversity awareness.
Our librarians and staff are enthusiastic about the potential these six growth goals entail and very much look forward to what the future holds for our students and faculty.
We hope all members of our user community will join us on our exhilarating journey and visit us to experience today’s and tomorrow’s Ball State University Libraries.
Arthur W. Hafner, Dean