- Archives and Special Collections is open to the Ball State University community and the public.
- Researchers will be asked to complete a registration form before handling materials.
- All materials must be used in the Archives and Special Collections reading room. No materials circulate.
- Smoking, drinking, and eating is not permitted in the reading room.
- Backpacks, briefcases, packages and books are not permitted at research tables but must be deposited in designated areas.
- Researchers should exercise care in handling Archives and Special Collections material.
- Please preserve the original order of the papers within a folder and the folders within containers.
- Use pencil only when taking notes. No pens.
- Laptops permitted.
- Do not write on or fold papers.
Photocopying and Digital Photography
Digital cameras are permitted. Photocopying of Archives and Special Collections materials is permitted unless items are too fragile or rare. Photocopying and Digital Photography are subject to all copyright laws and restrictions.
Archives and Special Collections may digitize materials upon request, subject to condition of items and copyright laws. Digitization is determined on a case by case basis. Fees may apply. For more information, contact Archives and Special Collections at email@example.com or 765-285-5078.