September 9, 2005, marked the 30th anniversary of the opening of Ball State University’s Alexander M. Bracken Library. It was over 30 years ago that the library moved from an over-crowded facility in the North Quadrangle building to the modern facilities enjoyed by the Ball State community today. The history of librarianship at Ball State, however, goes back to the founding of higher education in Muncie in 1899 and the establishment of Eastern Indiana Normal University.
Exterior of Alexander M. Bracken Library
This exhibit commemorates the 30th anniversary of Ball State University’s Alexander M. Bracken Library. On display are several photographs, planning and construction materials, publications, and other items from the University Archives. The exhibit also examines the long history of libraries at Ball State and its predecessor institutions, featuring a detailed timeline of library events and accomplishments.
This online exhibit includes selected items from the exhibit on display in Bracken Library, 2nd floor, from August 3 to October 31, 2005.