From 1960 to 1987, Marie Fraser served as Director of Public Information Services at Ball State University, documenting the academic life, social life, and cultural life at Ball State University through documents, photographs, and other media. Ball State University Archives and Special Collections has preserved a diverse and extensive collection of Fraser’s materials documenting the history of the institution, including thousands of photographs which have been digitized and made available online in the Ball State University Campus Photographs collection in the University Libraries’ Digital Media Repository.
This digital exhibit highlights Fraser’s collection of color photographs, presenting a sampling of images that document the history of Ball State University during Fraser’s career. The photographs have been divided into the following categories:
- Athletics, documenting intercollegiate athletic events
- Campus Scenes, documenting Ball State’s campus buildings and activities through time
- Campus Visitors, documenting campus visits from prominent national and international
- Classroom Scenes, documenting the academic lives of Ball State students
- Educators, documenting faculty and administrators at Ball State University
- Performing Arts, documenting performing arts groups and activities
- Traditions, documenting noteworthy and memorable traditions and events at Ball State
Marie Fraser, Class of 1945, Director of Director
of Public Information Services at Ball State University, 1960-1987.