Circulation, Course Reserves
The Ball State University Libraries is your destination for research, learning, and friends. Main Circulation/Reserves Desk offers you a variety of important services, which facilitate access to our valuable collections, help you take advantage of user options, and allow you to manage your library account.
Some of the primary things we do at the Main Circulation/Reserves Desk are:
- Present your valid Ball State University identification, Resident or Alumni Card and photo identification to check out eligible materials. To learn more about loan periods, view our borrowing privileges.
- If you can’t find an item that is supposed to be on the shelf, we will look for it! Fill out a search request form at the Main Circulation/Reserves Desk, we'll search for the item, and notify you when the item is available for checkout.
- Students can check out items instructors have placed on course reserve.
- Instructors can drop off and pick up reserve materials at the Main Circulation/Reserves Desk, or submit reserves requests through our online Course Reserve Request System.
- If you have requested a search, hold, or recall of an item, you will receive an e-mail notification when it becomes available for checkout; we will hold the item for seven days.
- If you forget to bring valid identification to the library, we can hold your materials for 24 hours. Unclaimed items are returned to the shelf.
- To place a hold request, use the Hold/Recall link in the item's CardCat record.