Which stations can I use for printing?
- All public computer workstations in the Libraries.
How do I print from a workstation?
- Send a print job via the usual route: typically File –> Print
- Your file will go to a default printer. Look for the printer number on your monitor’s sign.
- Go to the release station next to your default printer, click on your filename, and click “Start Printing.”
Where are the printers?
Can I choose which printer to use?
- Yes. In the print dialog box/tab, click the drop-down menu under “Printer” and select the desired printer.
- One exception: Printer 11, which can only be used within the GRMC.
Can I change printers after submitting a print job?
- No. However, you may cancel the print job (see next question) and submit a new one.
How can I cancel a print job once I’ve sent it?
• Log back into the computer from which the job was sent.
• Choose “Control Panel” and then “Printers and Faxes.”
• Choose the printer, then the filename, and cancel the print job.
• Color print jobs cannot be cancelled.
• Print jobs time out after one hour.
Can I use my own paper in the printers (resume, transparency, photo paper, etc)?
Only the paper supplied by the Libraries may be used in the black and white printers.
Other paper can cause printer jams or damage to your paper.
You can use your own matte paper in the color printer; see the Color Printing FAQ page for more information.
Can I get a receipt for printing?
- No, the Libraries do not provide printing receipts.
How can I print double-sided?
- From the printing dialog box/tab, look for a “Print on Both Sides” option.
Can I print an 11 x 17 job on the black and white printers?
- The black and white printers use only letter-sized (8½ x 11) paper.
- Use a Color Printer to print on larger sizes of paper.
Why does a PDF or PowerPoint take so long to show on the release screen and/or print?
The print job says it’s paused – what do I do?
- This is a normal part of the print management system. The file will still print.
How long does my print job stay on the screen on the release station?
The Copy Count for jobs I just sent through the Laptop Wireless Printing program is too high. What can I do?