Federal Perkins Loan: Entrance Counseling, Master Promissory Note, and Exit Counseling
If you are a Perkins Loan borrower, the federal government requires you to complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN) if you are a first-time borrower and to go through an exit counseling session before you leave Ball State University. Read how to do each of these below:
Master Promissory Note
To complete the master promissory note process you will need to:
- Log on to ECSI's website at http://www.ecsi.net/promz8
- Most pages require that you accept the terms by checking a box at the bottom.
- You must provide complete reference information of yourself, your next of kin (a relative), and two additional references. Failure to complete all lines will hinder the disbursement process.
- Completely read the Promissory Note.
Exit interview counseling is designed to prepare you for the repayment of your student loan(s), provide you with detailed information regarding deferment and/or cancellation privileges, and to assist you with personal financial management.
To complete your online exit interview, please access ECSI's Web site at www.ecsi.net:
If you do not have your PASSWORD/PIN for ECSI:
- Click STUDENTS. For assistance click CUSTOMER SERVICE (Live Chat is available).
- Click Need help logging in? Displays credentials online – errors are usually caused by the wrong zip code – try a previous zip code.
- Click Login Page link once your credentials are displayed or go back to STUDENTS to login.
Start here if/when you have your PASSWORD/PIN for ECSI:
- Click STUDENTS and proceed to login. For assistance click CUSTOMER SERVICE (Live Chat is available).
- Go straight to MY MENU.
- Click UNSIGNED EXIT INTERVIEW (upper right quadrant of screen).
- Follow directions to complete the EXIT INTERVIEW.
- Print the documents (they will remain available on the WEB to view or print at a later time).
- Save the login information! You will need it in the future to login to your loan account and maintain/pay your loan online.
If you have any trouble completing your online exit interview, please contact ECSI at 888-549-3274, Ball State at 765-285-5822, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Financial Aid and Scholarships
Lucina Hall, room 245
Muncie, Indiana 47306
7:30 am-4:00 pm (Monday-Friday)
Walk-in counseling hours:
8:00 am-3:30 pm (Monday-Friday)
Phone operator hours:
7:30 am-3:45 pm (Monday-Friday)
Phone: 765-285-5600 or
Fax: 765-285-2173 or