In accepting a financial aid award from Ball State University, you acknowledge certain terms and conditions.
I understand that:
- My financial aid eligibility is determined in accordance with laws, regulations, requirements and appropriations (existing and anticipated) of the U.S. Congress, the Indiana State Legislature, Ball State University and other donors.
- My financial aid eligibility is subject to adjustment or cancellation in the event changes occur in laws, regulations, appropriations, verification, discovery of data errors, enrollment status or residency status during the period of my award.
- I need to notify the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid (OSFA) of the sources and amount of my financial assistance received from other sources including scholarships, loans, assistantships, fellowships, etc. which do not appear on my financial aid awards. I further understand that if additional assistance reduces my eligibility, an adjustment in my awards may be necessary. This adjustment may include the return of loan funds or the necessity to repay other types of assistance already received.
- My cost of attendance and financial aid eligibility are based on full-time, main campus enrollment. I also understand that I must notify the OSFA if I am enrolled less than full-time or not enrolled in any main campus courses. My financial aid eligibility may be adjusted when I notify the OSFA of any changes. If I fail to notify the OSFA, my financial aid will be adjusted accordingly. The adjustment may include the return of loan funds or the necessity to repay other types of assistance already received.
- My cost of attendance and financial aid eligibility are based on residency and housing information provided on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). I also understand that I must notify the OSFA if my housing status changes. My financial aid eligibility may be adjusted when I notify the OSFA. The adjustment may include the return of loan funds or the necessity to repay other types of assistance already received.
- My aid eligibility is based on the financial information provided by me and/or my family, and that it is subject to adjustment or cancellation if changes occur or if errors are subsequently discovered.
- To receive financial aid, I must be making satisfactory academic progress toward my degree as described in the “Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy.”
- I must maintain the enrollment level required for each aid program listed on my Financial Aid Awards.
- If I withdraw from the University, stop attending classes before the end of the term or do not begin attendance in any classes, I may be expected to repay all or a portion of my aid funds. I agree to follow Ball State University withdrawal procedures.
- I must meet repayment obligations on any educational loan and repay any financial aid funds due as a result of withdrawal or an overaward situation or I will not be eligible for future financial aid and I may have a hold placed on my University records.
- No financial aid funds will be disbursed until I have met all eligibility requirements and provided all requested information.
- As a transfer student my aid eligibility is subject to adjustment or cancellation based on information received regarding aid usage at my previous institution.
- I will use financial aid to pay only education related expenses while I attend Ball State.
- I understand that the OSFA communicates updates and important reminders via e-mail to my Ball State e-mail account.