Mitch Daniels Early Graduation Scholarship
The Mitch Daniels Early Graduation Scholarship is funded by the State General Fund. It is a one-time award up to $4,000 to cover tuition and regularly assessed fees for any student meeting the following requirements:
- Is a resident of Indiana and had been a resident of Indiana for at least the last two semesters before graduating;
- Attended a publicly supported school on a full time equivalency basis for at least the last two semesters before the student graduated;
- Met at least the minimum requirements set by the Indiana State Board of Education for granting a high school diploma by the end grade 11 and was awarded after December 21, 2010 a high school diploma by the publicly supported school that the individual last attended;
- Was not enrolled in a publicly supported school for any part of grade 12;
- Applies to the Indiana Commission for Higher Education (CHE); and
- Within five months after graduating from high school, becomes a student in good standing taking classes at an approved postsecondary educational institution and is engaged in a program that will lead to an approved postsecondary degree or credential.
CHE must verify that the student's matriculation, Mitch Daniels Early Graduation Scholarship application, and FAFSA filing and contents meet the requirements for the student to be eligible for this scholarship before the college may bill CHE. For more information regarding this scholarship, the application procedure and deadlines, go to http://www.in.gov/che/.