A wide variety of jobs are available including positions as dining service assistants, office workers, web designers, and tutors. The procedure for obtaining on-campus employment is as follows:
- Go to the Career Center's website, www.bsu.edu/careers, and click Student Employment.
- Complete an employment agreement. The agreement stipulates conditions for eligibility and your responsibility as a student employee.
- Check the listings for job openings of interest to you. Go to www.bsu.edu/careers and click Student Employment.
- Obtain job referrals from the Career Center of your availability (class schedule) and qualifications meet the job requirements.
- If you cannot find a job when you apply, revisit the Career Center's website frequently to check for new job postings.
- If you are hired, it is your obligation according to the employment agreement to go to the Career Center and complete appropriate tax forms and an Immigration and Naturalization Service form, for which appropriate documentation is required. Most students use a photo ID (BSU ID or driver's license with either an original birth certificate or an original, non-laminated social security card). A valid passport can be substituted for the documents above. A complete list of eligibility documents can be found on the Career Center website.
- Students employed on-campus and through Federal Work Study Community Service are paid every two weeks. Wages are distributed through payroll direct deposit. You can complete the direct deposit authorization form in the Office of Payroll and Employee Benefits (AD-G29).
New students can usually be given referrals for fall semester employment during the Summer Orientation Program after their class schedules have been completed. Employers usually want students to work at least 2 hours at a time. For additional information, please contact tje Career Center, Office of Student Employment, at 765-285-1522.
Scholarships and Financial Aid
Lucina Hall, room 245
Muncie, Indiana 47306
7:30 am-4:00 pm (Monday-Friday)
Walk-in counseling hours:
8:00 am-11:00 am (Monday-Friday)
1:00 pm- 3:30 pm (Monday-Friday)
Phone operator hours:
7:30 am- 3:30 pm (Monday-Friday)
Phone: 765-285-5600 or
Fax: 765-285-2173 or