Mission Statement and Goals
The Office of Veterans Affairs at Ball State University is privileged to serve student veterans, service members, and their families. The staff facilitates the educational process of veterans through financial support, access to campus resources, and collaboration with faculty, staff, and students to build a community in which student veterans can thrive.
The goals of the Veterans Affairs Office include:
- Informing student veterans of the financial benefits they, and their family members, are entitled to obtain,
- Serving as a focal point for campus veteran activities,
- Facilitating the student veterans’ transition to college through community building,
- Communicating web and campus resources,
- Creating an awareness of student veterans’ issues on campus and in the community,
- Dispersing information about Ball State’s Veterans Affairs program and research; and,
- Fostering a positive campus and community atmosphere.
Additional information concerning veterans’ educational benefits can be found on the Department of Veterans Affairs Educational Website: http://www.gibill.va.gov/.