Post 9/11 GI Bill Yellow Ribbon Program
Criteria for award:
- Eligible for Chapter 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill education benefits at the 100% level
- Maintain good academic standing at Ball State (2.0 GPA for undergraduates, 3.0 for graduate students)
- Be admitted full or part-time as a degree-seeking student with tuition and fee charges above the VA's maximum in-state undergraduate rate
- Be an out-of-state (non-Indiana) resident
- Ball State University will award up to $4,000 per academic year (up to $2,000 per standard fall and spring semester) to be matched by the VA for up to twenty (20) qualified students each year. Awards to qualified applicants are on a first-come basis.
Yellow Ribbon students will NOT be eligible for any other institutional aid.
Applications for the Yellow Ribbon program are currently being accepted. Please follow up your application with proof of Chapter 33 application. Students must forward their Certificate of Eligibility (COE) as soon as it becomes available. Funds will not be disbursed until the COE is received by the Ball State Veterans Benefits office.
Once selected for the Yellow Ribbon program at Ball State, students will be funded each year they are in their current program of study (ie, until their degree is awarded) AS LONG AS BALL STATE CONTINUES TO RENEW ITS AGREEMENT WITH THE VA EACH YEAR. Ball State has the right to reduce awards or discontinue the program at the end of each academic year. Students must remain continuously enrolled each fall and spring semester to maintain their award. Exceptions will be made for those called up for military duty.
For additional information about the Post 9/11 GI Bill and the Yellow Ribbon Program, please see the GI Bill website at www.gibill.va.gov.
To proceed and submit an application for the Ball State Post 9/11 GI Bill Yellow Ribbon Program, click here.