Apply Now

Admission to Ball State is competitive, so apply early to pursue a bachelor’s or associate degree or take undergraduate courses. Application procedures vary depending on your needs.

First-Time Freshmen and Transfer Students
If you have never been enrolled at Ball State, choose an application option below.

Apply Online 

Please keep in mind the term you are applying for. If you apply for the incorrect term, you will be required to reapply and must pay the application fee again.

International Applicants: Apply through the Rinker Center for International Programs

Reenrolling Students
If you previously attended Ball State as a degree-seeking student after high school, apply for reenrollment through the Office of the Registrar.

High School Students
If you are attending high school and would like to learn more about dual credit opportunities that may be available, please e-mail or call 765-285-1581 or 800-872-0369. If you attend high school and would like to come to Ball State’s main campus for early college credit, apply for high school special enrollment through the Office of the Registrar. Permission is required from your high school principal and the appropriate university department.

Guest Students
If you are enrolled at another college or university and want to take Ball State courses for credit at your institution, apply for guest student enrollment through the Office of the Registrar. You must be in good standing at your school (minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale).

Non-Degree Students
If you wish to enroll for personal or professional development rather than in pursuit of a degree, you may apply as a non-degree student. You must submit your official high school transcripts, your high school equivalency diploma (GED or TASC), or college transcripts. You must have earned a high school diploma or high school equivalency degree (GED or TASC) and not be currently enrolled at a postsecondary institution. If you have postsecondary course work, you must be in good standing—a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 (on a 4.0 scale) and eligible to return to the last postsecondary institution you attended. If you have no postsecondary course work, you must have graduated high school two years before applying for non-degree status. Please note: Financial aid is not available to non-degree students. Non-degree status is not available to previously denied students.

Auditor Students
If you would like to audit courses, the application will be available five days before the first day of classes in each semester or term. Please visit the Office of the Registrar (Lucina Hall, room B43) within five days before classes start.